[Bf-committers] Fwd: knifeless.blend animation

Howard Trickey howard.trickey at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 13:53:52 CEST 2011

In fact I've been reading the bmesh knife code recently, on my project to
help close out the bmesh TODOs, and the code right now there may be doing
some closer to what you want: hitting k takes you into a modal mode where
successive left clicks make connected cuts; hitting e ends a cut and lets
you start a new series; holding down CNTRL turns midpoint snapping on,
holding down SHIFT turns all snapping off (by default, edge and vertex
snapping are on); and using the middle mouse button temporarily takes you
out of cutting mode so you spin the model.

Who knows how long it will take to get bmesh into trunk (though I am trying
hard to contribute to making that sooner rather than later), so it is
probably worthwhile to fix the old version now, but it would be good to
settle on similar behavior between old and new so that it will be easier for
users to adapt to the change to bmesh when it comes.