[Bf-committers] Is alpha within Blender totally broken?

Αντώνης Ρυακιωτάκης kalast at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 12:42:33 CEST 2011

>From my little experience with color management, these issues
sometimes have todo with not being in the right color space(linear)
when compositing. Blender's internal as far as I have seen are not
always consistent in this matter. Personally I've looked into parts of
the code where compositing was done in color corrected space giving
dark colors (More info on
http://psy-fidelity.blogspot.com/2011/06/color-correction-revisited.html)
and, while working on it I remember getting feedback about brightening
as well though I can't remember the configuration that caused it.
Since you work with exported images, my best guess is to check the
image write functions, the final state and color space of the rendered
result in blender and whether exporting the latter is done correctly
with the former.