[Bf-committers] Windows 2000 build please.

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 15:57:08 CEST 2011

The current keyboard code (by jesterking I think) and upcoming 3D
mouse support (by me) both rely on the Windows RawInput API, which
only works on XP or newer. Far as I know, that is the only hard
technical reason blocking a Win2000 build.

As a fellow user of perfectly fine retro systems, I sympathize. But as
a developer, I would rather make a MacOS 8.6 version than Win2000.

> The main issue for us is having someone to be the platform maintainer.
> They will also need to do some testing and likely need to create
> patches to keep the code running on their box, as well as doing
> release builds.
> If no one steps up to do this, it will not happen.  That is the way
> Open Source works.
> --
> Stephen Swaney

Yes, what he said. In this case, patches are needed in the GHOST
layer. Just fair warning before anyone tries to just build and have it
work.

--
Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire