[Bf-committers] Blenderday 2011 feedback

j.bakker at atmind.nl j.bakker at atmind.nl
Mon Jul 11 09:21:08 CEST 2011

Hi all,

last weekend the capital of blender was Eislingen where Blenderday 2011 was
held. Thomas really did an excellent job in organising Blenderday2011!

He had a talk about cycles and I did a talk about compositing. There was a
lot of discussion about some blender-features, and how developers work
versus how artists work.

See below some discussed features:
1. Request for a new feature that if you delete a node, the link between
other nodes could be preserved. (I will make a different post for this).
2. Auto connect feature. It was a shared idea between artists to remove or
disable this.
3. Mix node: Artist don't use the value 0.5 that often, but mostly 1.0.

As point 2 and 3 have been discussed in the past. For the first point I did
a  sprint to implement this and it worked out perfectly. I will make a tiny
proposal and clean the code up a bit.

just some feedback on developers perspective.
Jeroen Bakker