[Bf-committers] New Expression Language open sourced (BSD) from Disney

Sean Olson seanolson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 01:12:31 CEST 2011

Hello All,
I always have my ear to the ground in different graphics areas and this link
popped up on my RSS and I think it would be of interest to many who read
this list.

>From the Page:
"Arithmetic expressions appear in almost every animation system ever
created. Being able to embed an expression language in a piece of custom
software allows an amazing degree of artistic freedom. At Disney artists
have enjoyed using expressions because they allow just enough flexibility
without being overwhelming to non-programmer users. Developers have enjoyed
them too for quick prototyping and deployment of fixes to production needs."

And here is the link for those who are interested:
http://www.disneyanimation.com/technology/seexpr.html

-Sean