[Bf-committers] Material index

Jeroen Bakker j.bakker at atmind.nl
Sun Jul 3 15:14:18 CEST 2011

Hi all,

last week I migrated the Material-index from the render branch to trunk
and my branch (not yet committed) as I had several request on this
feature and got some time when upgrading Ubuntu.

For people not knowing what material index is:
With material index you can do a specific composite on a specific
material (the same way as Object index works).

1. Check "material index" under Scene=>Render layers=>Passes
2. Set "Pass Index" under Material=>Options=>Pass Index
3. In the compositor you can use Mask ID to extract the matte from the
Rendered Layer

I have a regression file and want to place it with our collection of
regression files. Who can point out the location of these files in SVN?

Greetings,
Jeroen Bakker.