[Bf-committers] Cycles and Boost 1.44 (Fedora 14 and above)

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 15:11:21 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Muhamad Faizol Abd. Halim
<faizol.blender at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
>  has anyone been able to compile on Fedora 14 (with boost 1.44)?

I assume you mean compile blender?

I've had success building up to version 2.57b with reverse patches for
Python 3.1 compatibility. Never worried about the boost version before
but I guess version 1.44 would be correct.

The source has changed enough for 2.58 that my reverse patches no
longer apply properly and I haven't investigated whether it will be a
simple fix or not.

If you're interested in trying out my 2.57b package I can upload them
somewhere...

Thanks,
Richard