[Bf-committers] Vortex particle sim/set up

raulf at info.upr.edu.cu raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Wed Jan 26 21:15:34 CET 2011

Hi

> It is OpenSource, the source can be find here:
> http://software.intel.com/file/31849 (Link from the 8th and last page of
> the
> article)
> However it is copyrighted and not under any specified lisence. You can
> still
> read it or contact the author if you want to copy some code.
>
> Xavier

Thanks Xavier! would be nice if the author agree on using its algorithms
for Blender, though is not very starigthfoward to integrate and definately
wouldn't be as fast (it relaies heavily on Intel TBB)
 The small patch I have implemented is a nice solution to some of the
desired VFX that can be done with that, currently I have UC and particle
surfacing in my priority Blender Todo but is something worth to
considerate in the future regarding a full implementation of the vortex
particle simulator ;)

Cheers
Farsthary