[Bf-committers] pixel get & image processing

Dan Eicher dan at trollwerks.org
Tue Jan 25 23:44:02 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 07:54:29PM +0100, Sebastian Korczak wrote:
>> I have done simple PATCH  for accessing pixel color from image/video.

Couple things...

This patch only lets you access the rect image data while they can
also use the rect_float and (apparently) some sort of tiling method.

I haven't looked at the code but it seems that 'lastframe' isn't meant
to be messed with by users based on it's name.

Also it isn't really clear how this is to be used, looks like you set
xpic & ypic then do a vec = imbuf.pixel_color to get the color instead
of just having an rna function wrapper that works like vec =
imbuf.pixel_get(x,y).

And, you know, there's the "python pixel level access is too slow" thing...

Anyhoo, image data access comes up quite often and the party line it
seems is to just use ctypes (which doesn't work for our windows
brethren due to the way msvc exports symbols). Or there's an
'unofficial' port of PIL to py3 that works according to Josh (from the
Tube project) blog but I haven't tested it yet meself.

Dan