[Bf-committers] Volume Rendering Updates

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Mon Jan 24 00:30:46 CET 2011

Hi Aurel, if you can make a patch against current SVN of all completed
things I can probably review it within a couple of weeks - perhaps
less if it's nicely documented as to what I'm looking at.

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Aurel W. <aurel.w at gmail.com> wrote:

> Changes which still need work/reimplementation:
> * sigma_s for an RGB spectrum, currently only sigma_a can by tinted in
> a weird way

This is intentional - since s and a are so closely related (added),
it's much simpler for a user to just have one control here - having
two colour swatches to tweak that basically do the same thing makes it
more difficult to understand how the system works, and what to tweak
in order to get a certain visual look, and wouldn't really provide any
more helpful artistic functionality. The absorption is also used as
the inverse to approximate the resultant colour you get after
absorption. This is a lot easier to use as an artist than trying to
think about "if this colour is absorbed, then what gets left over".

cheers

Matt