[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting minutes, 23 January 2011

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jan 23 19:44:07 CET 2011

Hi all,

Short notes from today's meeting:

1) Current projects, 2.5x

- Martin Poirier has time for netrender bugs this week

- Python registration discussion will continue a bit, we'll wait for
Campbell and Martin to discuss it further.

- Aurel W (DustyDingo) offers to help on Volume rendering in Blender,
we can use new volume maintainer here. Will wait for feedback from
Matt Ebb and/or Raul.

- Tracker went up to a solid 80 open reports, everyone is invited!
Also check on our long todo, a lot of fun relatively simple
maintenance items are listed here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Todo

2) Other projects, branches

Most of this topic went to Jeroen Bakker's compositing proposal. He's
aware of potential issues with memory aligning, cache misses, and
issues with tiling.
Jeroen intends to get the basic specs frozen before March 1st. Ton
promised to spend more time on the proposal too, and meet with him in
person to go over it in detail this week.

Laters,

-Ton-