[Bf-committers] Proposal: Blender OpenCL compositor

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Jan 22 15:34:39 CET 2011

Hi,

To be honest, long winded discussions on ways how to implement stuff
should not take away the freedom for a developer to find out him/
herself the optimal cases. I'm confident that Jeroen is aware of
boundary cases here, and he will try to find a good balance for
practical usage.

For as long we agree on existing and future demands on compositing in
Blender, we should give him our blessings :)

Relevant specs are for example:
- desired input methods, like storage, types, UI workflow,
colorspaces, alpha, (plugins?)
- desired output specifications, like memory/cpu/gpu performance and
visual feedback

-Ton-