[Bf-committers] Proposal: Blender OpenCL compositor

Aurel W. aurel.w at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 09:31:52 CET 2011

Another question, I am concerned with.

What do you mean with "tiles" in the context of the compositor. That a
node just processes patches/tiles of an image, so the basic entity,
which is processed becomes a tile or even a single pixel?

I hope it's commonly realized that a compositing node always has to
process an entire image globally and output an entire image. The
processing of each pixel depends on every other pixel in the entire
image not just in tiles or on the very one input pixel. It's really
that simple, a node can be expressed by a function f(image)->image and
not f(tile)->tile or f(pixel)->pixel.

Please remember this when doing any design of the new system,
otherwise things will be heavily screwed up.

aurel