[Bf-committers] Icons vs previews & huge menus

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Jan 19 19:28:51 CET 2011

Hi,

There's conflicting code in Blender now for icon & preview renders.
Unfortunately you cannot send 2 jobs at the same time for the same
Material or Texture, so either the large previews render or the small
ones. This has to be balanced, or use different calls for rendering. I
also like to see a different drawing for such menus, the size is
frightening large (menu covers entire UI on smaller screens even). Can
be tweaked better, or we make it part of tablet config settings.

Nicholas: before you fix your part again, consult me in irc? :)

-Ton-