[Bf-committers] Makefile support

pete larabell xgl.asyliax at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 04:39:56 CET 2011

Hi Campbell,

How would getting rid of Makefiles affect Blender's ability to exist in the
FreeBSD ports tree?  Currently the tree uses make. I use cmake on FreeBSD to
build all the time without trouble, and haven't built Blender from the ports
tree since 2.49 was new. BUT, I would be a little sad to see Blender be
forever removed from the ports tree. :(

That being said, if the BF finds it better for the overall good of Blender,
I'm for it.

Cheers,
Pete

p.s. - Jaevixa says "Hi!"