[Bf-committers] making CurveMapping objects editable from Python

Tamito KAJIYAMA rd6t-kjym at asahi-net.or.jp
Sun Jan 16 23:06:46 CET 2011

Hi,

A functionality often requested by Freestyle branch users is that of line
style presets.  Implementing this feature requires Python API functions
for manipulating CurveMapping objects from within Python scripts.
It is recalled that source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_color.c has two
comment lines saying that CurveMap and CurveMapPoint are:

> /* not editable for now, need to have CurveMapping to do curvemapping_changed */

Is there any chance that some trunk developers can work on making
CurveMapping elements editable from Python anytime soon?  I am
asking this because the CurveMapping stuff seems to be yet another
to-do item in the ongoing 2.5x development efforts.  Feedback of any
kind is duly appreciated.

Thank you,

--
KAJIYAMA, Tamito <rd6t-kjym at asahi-net.or.jp>