[Bf-committers] Developer irc meeting minutes, 16 Jan 2011

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jan 16 17:29:21 CET 2011

Hi all,

1) 2.5 project

- Tracker went up to 67, enough work todo still!

- Sergey announced that his "crazyspace" work to allow sculpting
armature-deformed meshes is ready for final reviews. He'll get it
reviewed first by Brecht, and then either commits or posts in tracker
for further feedback.

- COLLADA: Ton had a concerned mail from COLLADA lead Remi Arnaud, he
and Khronos offer their support, they also would love to see Blender
to soon get the official Khronos Conformancy Badge! Nathan Letwory is
in contact with Remi to check on what can be done together.

- Campbell mentions that all core IO scripts from 2.4 now are ported
to 2.5. They work similar or better (x3d) even now. Campbell offers to
make a test suite for Import/Export with default reference .blend files.

- Nathan will post a diagram with the current state (support level,
features) of our Import/Export scripts.

2) Other projects, branches

- Lukas Toenne updated his blog about his particle node work: http://phonybone.planetblender.org/

- That post, and Jeroen's proposal for OpenCL could be copied to our
code blog too! Ton will set this going.

- This week we'll also check which of the tablet work from Mike Erwin
can go to trunk.

- Ton notices Tamito Kajuyama nicely keeps his Non-Photo-Realistic
render branch (FreeStyle) upto date with the 2.5 trunk. Testers and
reviewers welcome!
http://projects.blender.org/scm/viewvc.php/branches/soc-2008-mxcurioni/?root=bf-blender

Thanks,

-Ton-