[Bf-committers] cmake errors with GL, and seqeffects.c errors ???

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 22:59:01 CET 2011

blender includes its own glew.h: extern/glew/include/GL/glew.h

the sequencer errors were my fault, fixed just now.

Expecting foo(void) rather then foo() is caused by this line in
./CMakeLists.txt:996

# our own macro
  ADD_CHECK_C_COMPILER_FLAG(C_WARNINGS C_WARN_ERROR_STRICT_PROTOTYPES
-Werror=strict-prototypes)

to get it building quickly you could just comment this line.

If there is some part of blender which has includes that give errors,
this can be added to the CMakeLists.txt file

# also our own macro
  remove_strict_flags()

Its currently used for the render lib since I didn't make too make too
many small edits there which would confuse merging

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 9:48 PM, pete larabell <xgl.asyliax at gmail.com> wrote:
> just trying to build in a clean OS install on FreeBSD 8.1
>
> Had a few errors:
>
> The first two are likely compiler issues, not blender issues, but in case
> anyone else is having this error:
>
> /usr/local/include/GL/glu.h:287
> and
> /usr/local/include/GL/glew.h:15266
>
> both declare functions with no arguments, which the compiler now doesn't
> like.
>
> Simply adding (void) rather than just () fixes that error.
>
> also, in seqeffects.c:
>
> y used on 2750
> and
> x used on 2751
>
> are declared on
> 2733
> and
> 2734
> which are both commented out... this throws obvious errors since the vars
> are not declared.
>
> uncommenting 2733 and 2734 seemed to fix the issue.
>
> cheers,
> Pete

- Campbell