[Bf-committers] New Blender Logo

Mickaël Guédon mickaelguedon at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 19:06:29 CET 2011

Le 09/01/2011 16:58, Jonathan Smith a écrit :
> The old Blender logo has been hanging around for (as for as I know) just as
> long as the UI/Theme has been. And now the UI/Theme has changed drastically,
> and I wonder whether it might be time for a change to the Blender logo.

My two cents about this.

First, I would remind you the Blender logo is the property of the
Blender Foundation, and it is their right to update it or not.

Second, yes it's old now, but this is not the good angle to see the
problem. The real question should be, is it outdated, or "has been" ? I
don't think it is personally, and the actual one isn't that ugly.

Finally, there is an identity between this little amount of pixels, an
identity that people have become to adopt years after years, and I think
it's not a good choice to change it. Maybe a little udpate, to make it
more shiny, "web 2.0 style", but no real change is needed.

:)
--
Mickaël Guédon | ebrain
Créatif 3D freelance : www.mickaelguedon.com