[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting minutes, Jan 9 2011

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jan 9 17:39:14 CET 2011

Hi all,

1) Blender 2.56 work

- The new bump patch still requires end-user level reviews, preferably
on production renders. We like to find out if it can efficiently
replace the patch from august 2009 without breaking visual appearance,
but just improving it.

There's been a fix in the original patch for compliant scaling of
procedural bump:
http://www.pasteall.org/18104/diff
Original proposal: http://kishalmi.servus.at/3D/bumpcode/

- There's a new regression .zip available for download:
http://download.blender.org/demo/test/test256.zip

2) Other projects

- Jeroen Bakker announces that he'll do a release of Blender-aid this
week, supporting directory move/rename and scripting. He also is
nearly done with final proposal for the Compositor OpenCL project.

- Campbell made a basic FBX import script, he's seeking for someone to
work on this:
https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-extensions/contrib/py/scripts/addons/io_import_fbx.py
(Note, export script is already there!)

- We also have will make a shortlist of missing import/exporters.

-Ton-