[Bf-committers] how update all?

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Thu Jan 6 22:21:20 CET 2011

Hi,
ideasman42 at gmail.com (2011-01-06 at 0446.58 +0000):
> Existing files can also botch svn updating (highly annoying for
> automatic updates), or when going back in svn history *.pyc files can
> stop directories getting removed.
>
> On *nix you can ensure a clean checkout with this:
>  svn status --no-ignore | grep ^I | awk '{print $2}' | xargs rm -rf
>
> Answer from cdhowie:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4515586/clean-an-svn-checkout-remove-non-svn-files

That command is troublesome when filenames have spaces, and only
deletes actively ignored files anyway (some of which you would like to
keep, like source search caches), but not local modifications or
unversioned files which is part of what was asked for. The best is
probably a combination of svn-clean and svn revert... or just svn
checkout (slow but only way to make sure).

GSR