[Bf-committers] how update all?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 05:46:58 CET 2011

Existing files can also botch svn updating (highly annoying for
automatic updates), or when going back in svn history *.pyc files can
stop directories getting removed.

On *nix you can ensure a clean checkout with this:
 svn status --no-ignore | grep ^I | awk '{print $2}' | xargs rm -rf

Answer from cdhowie:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4515586/clean-an-svn-checkout-remove-non-svn-files

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 5:55 PM, loopduplicate at burningtoken.com
<loopduplicate at burningtoken.com> wrote:
> To overwrite local file(s) with the one in the repository, do an "svn
> revert"--you would do this if you want to go back to the version of the
> file in the repository (you will lose all changes you had made since the
> last commit):
>
>>  svn revert<filename1>  ...<filenameN>
>
> On 01/05/2011 03:53 AM, Damir Prebeg wrote:
>> Uhm... I think that he's said that he has changed splash.png.c in
>> 2.55beta and now svn update didn't updated that file :-)
>>
>> Simply remove that altered splash.png.c and do again svn update and
>> you should get newest version.

>>> I am sorry but I can't understand your English. Can you restate this?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Douglas E Knapp
>>>
>>> Creative Commons Film Group, Helping people make open source movies
>>> with open source software!
>>> http://douglas.bespin.org/CommonsFilmGroup/phpBB3/index.php
>>>
>>> Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer:
>>> http://douglas.bespin.org/tcm/ztab1.htm
>>> Please link to me and trade links with me!
>>>
>>> Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.
>>> http://sf-journey-creations.wikispot.org/Front_Page
>>> http://code.google.com/p/perspectiveproject/

- Campbell