[Bf-committers] goto statements

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 11:46:04 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Martin Poirier <theeth at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It depends on the usage. For error handling, it's usually tolerated (as the C replacement for Finally).
>
> Not sure if that applies to how it's used in the point cache code though.
>
> Martin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goto

'Some programmers, such as Linux Kernel designer and coder Linus
Torvalds or software engineer and book author Steve McConnell also
object to Dijkstra's point of view, stating that GOTOs can be a useful
language feature, improving program speed, size and code clearness,
but only when used in a sensible way by a comparably sensible
programmer.'

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!