[Bf-committers] Blender user config files get lost on new release...

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jan 2 12:00:15 CET 2011

Hi,

I would simply on startup - provided the user directory doesn't exist
yet, make a full copy by default and not bother users with such non-
decisions. If Blender 2.55 was working fine, so should 2.56
automatically.

Compatibility is a great feature... maybe a 2.5 directory would have
been nicer, and keep all settings compliant for a longer while.

-Ton-