[Bf-committers] 3D Connexion ndof support in blender 2.5

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Jan 1 17:12:25 CET 2011

Hi,

Good news!

1) That's Ok for now, but mark it with /* XXX hack */ to point at that
this is potentially wip stuff. Making a struct would be nice too,
probably each float has a real meaning, that makes the code readable.

2) If aligning fails, always add variables with a name like "pad". In
your case a single "int pad;" is sufficient

General note: in 2.49 the code for ndof was spread all around, with
exception handling for tools and view manipulations. We really don't
want this back, but have the NDOF device deliver nice and well defined
events instead. These then can become keymappable.

In order to have a NDOF device work *while* using tools (paint, rotate
view), we need to add still a parallel queue handling in Blender.
Multitouch devices need this too, and there's already been some work
on it. I'd advice to not try this for now, I rather have this work
done after we've put wm_eventsystem.c completely in sane design.
There's too many loose ends there now. :)

-Ton-