[Bf-committers] 3D Connexion ndof support in blender 2.5

Rafael Ortis rsortis at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 14:54:56 CET 2011

I am working on a patch to restore 3d Connexion ndof feature in blender 2.5.

My patch is based on the 2.49b version and right now i have been able
to restore  only the original mode. The other limitation is that
blender will only seek for the "3DxNdofBlender.plug" in the current
installation folder and not in the user's ~./blender/plugins folder.

Since I'm really new to blender code i have some questions:

1. In version 2.49b the last known ndof device state was on window struct :
float   ndof[7];

I have placed this in wmWindow. Was this the right place?

2. This modification in wmWindow breaks the alignment of the struct so
i have added a 4 bytes with:

short ndofAlign[2];

Is this OK?

I'm using:

Linux (Ubuntu 10.10)
gcc version: (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.4-14ubuntu5) 4.4.5
3DConnexion device: Space Navigator
3DConnexion driver: 3DConnecion linux version

Happy new year!!!

att.
Rafael Ortis