[Bf-committers] Blender Startup Time

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 27 16:07:59 CET 2011

I think you're missing a lot of data by concentrating on cold starts, a situation that is very much not representative of the general cases.

The speed gain for non-cold starts is much more interesting, IMHO.

Also, could you do tests with Py 3.1 vs 3.2? Baring differences in hardware that should be in your advantage (if I'm reading this right), there's no good reason to explain the difference in timings between you and Ton. If there's an big measurable slowdown in 3.2, it might be worth it to log a bug upstream.

I think there's some really nice numbers we could squeeze out of this with a bit more rigorous method (different OS, stable conditions, same py version, ...).

Good work digging into this, even though the payoff might appear small.

Martin