[Bf-committers] bump mapping - white is down & black is up???

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 09:43:54 CET 2011

Sorry but could not resist.

Black is yin, white is yang.

wiki
'It is impossible to talk about yin or yang without some reference to the
opposite, since yin and yang are bound together as parts of a mutual whole
(i.e. you cannot have the back of a hand without the front). A way to
illustrate this idea is to postulate the notion of a race with only men or
only women; this race would disappear in a single generation. Yet, men and
women together create new
generations<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_reproduction> that
allow the race they mutually create (and mutually come from) to survive. The
interaction of the two gives birth to
things.[3]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_and_yang#cite_note-2> Yin
and yang transform each other: like an undertow in the ocean, every advance
is complemented by a retreat, and every rise transforms into a fall. Thus, a
seed will sprout from the earth and grow upwards towards the sky – an
intrinsically yang movement. Then, when it reaches its full potential
height, it will fall.'

I would say that black as down and white as up has at least a 5000 year
history behind it.

:-)

--
Douglas E Knapp