[Bf-committers] Blender Startup Time

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 16:15:53 CET 2011

I think we should make Blender as fast as possible from click on the icon to
the work screen (I have no problem with the greet screen). While I totally
agree logically with the idea that we should be fixing bugs because that is
the real time stealer. I have to say that the very first time I used the old
blender I was very impressed by the boot/load time. I have been for a very
long time tired of having a super-computer on my desk and then having to
wait for it to do something that my C64 did almost as well and faster 20
years ago. I think Inkscape is the perfect poster child for a cool program
that I avoid because the boot time is so long. Blender was the fastest
program that I had seen in a long time. I loved it! My first impression with
2.5? SLOW and thus it really sucks compared to 2.4. I know this is not
logical but only emotional. It is none the less true. Users think great
programmers make fast, responsive, great programs. Looser programmers make
slow, bad programs. First impressions stick!

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: