[Bf-committers] Blender Startup Time

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Sat Feb 26 14:44:49 CET 2011

Am 26.02.2011 04:12, schrieb Campbell Barton:
> @Carsten, others on IRC said this too - that we are doing ok compared
> to others and should not worry about startup times.
> The thing is, since python was added we have not made _any_ effort to
> make blender efficient for startup, importing modules without worrying
> of the side-effect or trying to minimize what is loaded.

Hi,

it was in now way meant as criticism to your work. But I felt that it
was not the right time to do this. But of course you have a much better
feel for what is needed and when, and if you like to do it now I am on
your side. ;-)

Carsten
--
Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/