[Bf-committers] bump mapping - white is down & black is up???

Morten Mikkelsen mikkelsen7 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 15:29:04 CET 2011

It would be extremely easy to fix this for just the most recently added bump
mapping
method should we choose to do it that way.

In render_texture.c in the function ntap_bump_compute() At the top
change the line:
float Hscale = Tnor*mtex->norfac;

such that it's negated:
float Hscale = -Tnor*mtex->norfac;

And then similarly in gpu_material.c in the function do_material_tex()
change this line:
norfac = hScale * mtex->norfac;

such that it is also negated:
norfac = -hScale * mtex->norfac;

I apologize for not making this a real patch but I am sitting at my gf's
laptop.
Perhaps mario can cook one up? or I can do it later.
But anyway, if someone wants to try it out, That's all it takes.