[Bf-committers] bump mapping - white is down & black is up???

Morten Mikkelsen mikkelsen7 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 08:03:39 CET 2011

So as you guys most likely know white means down and black means up when
bump mapping in Blender
which is kinda counter intuitive.
However, we recently did a completely new implementation of bump mapping for
Blender
and I was wondering, since we kept in the original bump mapping methods
as available options, is there any good reason why we shouldn't let the new
bump mapping
method use the more intuitive interpretation which is white is up and black
is down?
We could just leave the legacy methods the way they are and only change it
for the most recent method
of bump mapping (was added early this year).

Anyway, was just a thought :)

     Cheers,

     Morten.