[Bf-committers] Normalization of Vertexgroups?

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 23 14:29:14 CET 2011

As i have noticed, you have now the functionality to normalize vertex
groups. But it is very unclear which groups will be normalized and which
are not affected. At least visually you have no feedback which will be
taken into account and which are not. Is there a part of the UI still
missing? Or how can you manage that vertex groups are included in
normalization or not? Can this behavior changed after creation?

I also miss one trivial feature, to fill a vertex group with just enough
so that the groups are normalized. For example, you have group A and now
you want to paint on group B that: A.weight + B.weight = 1.0

Many questions. I know. But i could not find any useful documentation on
this and the UI itself doesn't show it.