[Bf-committers] MinGW debug builds do not run

Nathan Letwory nathan at blender.org
Wed Feb 23 10:45:08 CET 2011

On 21.2.2011 1:15, Peter Kümmel wrote:
> It compiles now out of the box but still crashes.
> Seems I have to go the 'hard' way you described.

Python 3.1 debug dll is built dynamically linking against msvc9 debug
runtime, so if you want to run debug with other than vs2008, you'll have
to acquire the appropriate debug runtime dlls. These are not
redistributable, so you'll need to get vs2008 (I assume the express
version will do, but can't tell for sure).

You could also rebuild python 3.1 debug dll with mingw, if that's
possible, I suppose. And when using vs2010, you could rebuild the python
3.1 debug dll with that.

Anyway, have the correct debug runtime dlls in the same dir as
blender.exe, and you should be running fine.

/Nathan