[Bf-committers] normal maps, red/green channel inverted

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Feb 22 19:33:10 CET 2011

Hi all,

The situation is worse apparently; up to Blender 2.49 the normal maps
were fine, but the "newbump" patch in 2.51 made red channel become
badly inverted.

Having it work like in 2.49 is of course correct. Brings up the
question if we should provide a hackish button to support bad normal
maps created in the alpha/beta period.

Morton's & Mario's proposal is to not do this. I agree, it only makes
UI uglier... :)

-Ton-