[Bf-committers] blender-snapshot

Dan Eicher dan at trollwerks.org
Sun Feb 20 22:21:28 CET 2011

I'm pretty sure simply changing the name of the .deb package to
blender-snapshot doesn't actually fix the 'bug' that was reported.

>From what I understand the 'a' -- i.e. 2.49a -- was the issue and not
the package name which the debian folks solved by converting the
subversions to numbers, 2.49a = 2.49.1, 2.49b = 2.49.2, etc...

And, to top it all off, the blender-snapshot package conflicts with
the regular (stable) blender package so you can't even have two
different versions installed which is the only valid reason I can come
up with to have a different name.

To summarize, the issue is the way *blender* names releases and has
nothing to do with the debian package (which is what I said multiple
times in the bug report).

So, not a bug and as author of the original patch I'd appreciate if
the name were changed back.

Dan