[Bf-committers] Drivers Delayed (Dependency Issue)

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 20 17:07:30 CET 2011

Why are bones are not treated like separate objects? Driven Shapekeys on
objects are not lagging behind. Neither do Constraints. But on Bones
anything (location, rotation,... , influence on constraints,...) lags
behind. I think this is a big issue, since you can't drive a bone with a
bone correctly, as long they are inside the same armature. So far you
stated the reason for this behavior. I can follow the reasons and it
seams correct to me.

But isn't this not a general design flaw? As far as i can see, anything
should be handled in one dependency tree. Updating anything first, that
does not depend on anything else. Bones should also be part of this tree
and not be treated separately. Otherwise not "anything is animatable".
At least not in a way you want to.