[Bf-committers] MinGW debug builds do not run

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 04:24:40 CET 2011

Whats supported isn't set in stone, its more a case of which
configurations are tested & known to work.

this works for me.
- windows xp
- mingw-gcc4.5.2, (from mingw's main site)
- cmake 2.8 (build type set to Release or RelWithDebInfo)
- blender (tested r34959)

A crash on startup may be a real bug rather then lack of support, you
could run with gdb and see why its crashing.
If you are unable to figure out how to fix you could file a bug and
include a backtace.

Another way to help find the cause of the crash is to disable all
WITH_* options in cmake configuration, WITH_OPENAL, WITH_IMAGE_OPENEXR
... etc.

If this works you could try again with usable settings (so you get an
interface),
all off except WITH_PYTHON WITH_INSTALL and WITH_PYTHON_INSTALL.
After that its trial and error to see which library causes the crash,
the offending lib could be disabled by default with mingw until its
fixed properly.

One other thing, you were getting the error 'PyModule_Create2'
interestingly I got this error too on Linux when trying to load a
library built with a debug python but finding a release library.

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Peter Kümmel <syntheticpp at gmx.net> wrote:
> Tested it with cmake too. It links after a small fix, but
> crashes immediately after starting. Seems mingw isn't supported.
>
> Peter

- Campbell