[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [34914] trunk/blender/release/scripts/ui/ properties_material.py: Commit patch [#25939] material panel proposal by Ervin Weber (lusque).

Daniel Salazar - 3Developer.com zanqdo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 12:32:04 CET 2011

I don't know how relevant is in this discussion if the shading system
needs improvements or a recode, we all know all of this by now?. The
idea of the new UI is simple. Global shading settings should have
their special location just like global render settings have their's
even if maybe to a new user they are unrelated.

rings a bell?
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=9166

Why do some assume this is an annoyance? managing this settings
carefully over a large amount of materials can be hard enough, even
more when they are scattered all over the place. I tough about this UI
shuffling even before seeing the first mockups for this reason, it
really makes a lot easier to check the status of materials in the
overall setup

anyway.. back to work

Daniel Salazar