[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [34914] trunk/blender/release/scripts/ui/ properties_material.py: Commit patch [#25939] material panel proposal by Ervin Weber (lusque).

Jason van Gumster jason at handturkeystudios.com
Thu Feb 17 03:43:57 CET 2011

Michael Fox <mfoxdogg at gmail.com> wrote:

> This goes against all of the 2.5 UI design principles and pardigms and
> show be removed or onlt be visible when needed, as its a clear case of
> craming chikens into a basket, a big ugly mess

I'd like to reaffirm this. Not only is this antithetical to the 2.5 design, but
it simply makes *less* sense from the end-user perspective. There must be a
better way of doing it than this. I would suggest that this be reverted until a
properly designed solution is presented. I understand the rationale for
creating this panel, but the panel looks like a grab-bag of mixed
functionality. It's a UI change for worse.

This only barely makes sense in the context of node-based materials. If it's
critical that these options be grouped together, why not put this in the
Properties region of the Node Editor for materials and leave the Materials
section of the Properties editor as it was?

  -Jason