[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [34914] trunk/blender/release/scripts/ui/ properties_material.py: Commit patch [#25939] material panel proposal by Ervin Weber (lusque).

Michael Williamson michaelw at cowtoolsmedia.co.uk
Wed Feb 16 23:46:44 CET 2011

On 16/02/11 21:56, Tobias Oelgarte wrote:
> What i really dislike is the confusion between program internal view and
> the users perspective. We have a panel that is called "Transparency".
> But you can't get transparency with this panel alone

I would have to agree...

It would seem to me that moving these checkboxes to the "pipeline"
section  makes sense at some levels but muddies the waters at the same
time..... Surely usability should be paramount.

A simple solution to keep all parties happy would be to simple duplicate
the checkboxes...  why not have the button in pipeline (where it makes
sense for nodes) and in the transparency panel where it just made a lot
of sense?

Duplicating the button is so trivial, and personally I think workflow
for blender could be greatly enhanced with more  places to access
functions from.

it needn't be "this" or "that" it can be both!