[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [34914] trunk/blender/release/scripts/ui/ properties_material.py: Commit patch [#25939] material panel proposal by Ervin Weber (lusque).

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.de
Wed Feb 16 22:45:14 CET 2011

Hi Carsten,

Am 16.02.2011 22:15, schrieb Carsten Wartmann:
> Roadmap: Beta = "Final Feature Set, Ready for Documentation".
>
> Could we now stop changing things? This is not a bug or something that
> stops the now so adulated beginners from using Blender 2.5x.
A Beta doesn't mean we can only change things inside the code. I think
all these "Stop it" Mails get a bit out of hand. ;-)
> I mean I take a high risk waiting for stabilisation, which means that
> other authors, who may don't care about correctness, take much of the
> sales just putting a book on the market as soon as possible.
I am sorry for that, but I am sure people will appreciate having a
correct book in the end. :)

But: What If you would be a documenter for Max or Maya? You could only
start documenting when the final product is already out, here you can
start much earlier and adapt it on the way, so you can get a book out
asap after the final release. Or am I wrong?
> BTW: I am not quite sure if this is all so good placed now, maybe
> technically correct (shouldn't be Shadeless also there?) but I think it
> is possibly not very good for the workflow. I would not search in a
> Render Pipeline Panel for "Transparency" at the first shot. Nor would I
> expect Shadow Casting (Casting Alpha, Cast XXX) options NOT in the
> Shadow panel.
>
> Carsten
I think Zanqdo explained the reasoning well. :)

I don't want to sound offensive, on the contrary, but a beta is a beta.
It's not an RC yet. ;-)
Changes happen and will happen. And it was decided on the sunday meeting
to commit that as well.

Best regards,
Thomas