[Bf-committers] Shapekey behavior while adding or removing vertices from a mesh

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Fri Feb 11 14:44:31 CET 2011

Hi,

I don't know any of current bugs with shape keys when adding/removing
vertexes. However, what this may be referring to is that as you add
vertices, they will all simply have the same position in all shape
keys. Blender makes no attempt to cleverly set the positions of those
new vertices in other shape keys based on surrounding vertices. So in
practice if you're going to add shape keys to some part of the mesh,
it's good to have the topology of that part locked down.

Brecht.