[Bf-committers] Blender developer irc meeting minutes 6 feb 2011

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 23:22:56 CET 2011

Hi, on GameKit2:
>- Terry Wallwork added Blender Gamekit2 now entirely in wiki:
>  http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Books/GameKit_2

Those are great news. I have a question though. Is it valid to do some
errata or the idea is to keep it a straight copy of the book?

E.g. the link for the FTBlender app is no longer valid. That means
users are pretty much on their own on figuring out how to create a
bitmap font for BGE
[1]. Maybe the real problem is that we have no official Blender.org
page hosting FTBlender, but still if we had/create one would be good
to update the link?

E.g.2.: Shared and ObColor options of TexFace were already obsolete
when the book was released [2]. AFAIK they don't affect the render in
any way.
So I'm not talking about updating the book to Blender 2.5x, but
instead to make amends to its original content to keep it a valid
reference for 2.49.

Those are examples I knew by heart, but there are probably others.
It would be also interesting to see part of it adapted to the official
wiki (BGE Logic Bricks page has more than half of the items
missing/not written). But I guess nothing never stopped anyone for
doing that :) Anyhoo just some kind remark on the current status of
the BGE official documentation.

Sincerely thanks a lot for the work here. I'm pretty sure it will help
a lot of people. I love the GameKit2 and will certainly spread this
link a lot.
--
Dalai

[1] - http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Books/GameKit_2/13.Reference#Bitmap_Text