[Bf-committers] Autorefresh Renderlayers

Daniel Salazar - 3Developer.com zanqdo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 13:20:05 CET 2011

In the hopes of bringing the compositor closer to an integrated 3D
environment and tackle the interactivity problem I want to propose
this feature.
RenderLayer Auto Refresh (optional per render layer input node):

https://docs.google.com/drawings/edit?id=1N8MgmeRdjxRv7AcjfQZ1Dexcy5K9axHMTgz1blTYdr4&hl=en&authkey=CITBi5AB

Now I know it sounds scary but I believe we can leave to to the user
the task of setting it up in a way that is fast to render (use a
simplified scene/renderlayer with heavy render features turned off
etc)
The above diagram is of course just one example of usage, but I don't
think this will limit to 2D masking. It could be tracking a 3D mask or
a complex object (modifiers etc) with ob ID or who knows.

hope to hear comments from other compo people
cheers

Daniel Salazar
www.3developer.com