[Bf-committers] Proposal: to remove the TexFace options

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 05:59:35 CET 2011

Hi Carsten,
>"- ObColor: I think I used it many times for changing the Mesh color with"

As far as I know you can't change the Mesh color, but only the object color
with this. The difference is that it can be unique per objects sharing the
same mesh and material.

ObColor works and will keep working. The question I was bringing is the
option ObColor in the TexFace. I would assume this option allows part of the
mesh to use ObColor and part to ignore. However, as I said in the proposal,
I couldn't make it work (user-wise). I either have the entire mesh with
ObColor or without.

>"- Maybe it is a bit more work to need materials for all faces which need
>a different "Face Mode", since now it is easy, just select one or more
>faces, set Face Mode and then Copy Mode."

The workflow with materials is similar. Add multiple materials for the
obejct (in the material slot) select the material you want, select the faces
you want and click assign. The option to "Select" the faces of a specific
material is even better than with TexFace because you can actually see the
faces that share the same properties (i.e. material).

>So I think it have to be possible
>to show all the textures in GLSL when following is meet:
>- Object has a Material,
>- "Face Textures" in Options-Panel is ON
Agree with that here. Actually I consider this more to be a bug than a
design. Brecht would know better. Have you consider adding this to the
tracker? Personally I would love if GLSL could work without materials using
TexFace, but maybe that's me being lazy to add "dumb" materials.

Thanks,
Dalai