[Bf-committers] Proposal: to remove the TexFace options

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 21:56:01 CET 2011

Dear developers and users,

" Tex Face is part of Blender original design 15 years ago. The
functionality it brought to the Blender Game Engine is still useful
nowadays. However its design hasn't changed and it lacks integration with
other parts of Blender. This proposal is centered on moving the working
functionalities as sub-options for the Material and remove deprecated ones."
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Dfelinto/TexFace

This proposal tries to address one of the most cumbersome ui/workflow
designs that affects the Blender Game Engine. For those unfamiliar with the
TexFace options they are in the Mesh panel when in Edit mode when you have a
UV Layer. If you don't know what that is then it will probably not affect
your life.

However if you use it you may love or hate this proposal. Either way it's
important to hear your opinion (specially if you oppose to that [more
specially if you have suggestions to make]).
Be aware that there is a big problem with backward compatibility here - old
files relying on TexFace will have to manually have their materials updated.

Critics, feedbacks, suggestion, or any help are appreciated.
Dalai

* all the opinion presented in the proposal and here are personal. I'm
refrain from using "in my [humble] opinion here" but please consider it to
be there :)

www.dalaifelinto.com
@dfelinto