[Bf-committers] Depsgraph proposal

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 23:59:19 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 10:58 PM, Tobias Oelgarte
<tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com> wrote:
> For me this would be the most important things:
> * Treat bones like own objects. Currently we have this armature A
> depends on armature B and vice versa problem, even so there isn't a real
> cyclic dependency. This could also fix the delay between bones from the
> same armature connected by drivers. Currently it is treated as a cyclic
> dependency.
Really, just having finer granularity of the dependency/evaluation
handling will solve that. No need for talk of bones as true separate
objects.

> * Let an action store the animation for multiple objects at once, not
> just only for armatures.
Currently possible, though as default we default to per ID-block. This
really depends on what ID block that the action is anchored to. The
article I wrote for proceedings should hopefully really ram this point
home.

> * Separate drivers from actions. Currently every action must inherit the
> drivers from a "driver action" or they won't be working, since they
> aren't there.
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong! Gah!

Get them IPO's out of your head!

> * Give the the editors a tool to view the dependencies. They really like
> to see them to find possible errors, even if it is their own.

Agreed.