[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [42860] trunk/blender/source/blender/ blenkernel/BKE_customdata.h: OSX/gcc-4.6, fix for typedef uin64_t

Dan Eicher dan at trollwerks.org
Sat Dec 24 21:05:56 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 1:42 AM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd rather not have ifdef's like this in every header wherever
> int64_t/uint64_t is used.
> perhaps BKE_customdata.h should include BLO_sys_types.h?
>
> long term IMHO we should do away with BLO_sys_types.h &
> MEM_sys_types.h (which are the same file), and have some generic
> header that can be included anywhere that deals with stdint.h types
> like intptr_t/ssize_t/int64_t etc.

Clang building is still broken in trunk because of the redefine of
u_int64_t thing.

This block is the problem:

/* XXX */
#ifndef uint64_t
typedef uint8_t   u_int8_t;
typedef uint16_t  u_int16_t;
typedef uint32_t  u_int32_t;
typedef uint64_t  u_int64_t;
#endif

I pulled it out of BLO_sys_types.h & MEM_sys_types.h and clang is happy now.

Not sure if this is a proper fix (I don't really understand why it's
needed in the first place since u_int64_t is gone) but it lets me
build up to the next error:

In file included from
/home/dan/blender-svn/blender/extern/libmv/third_party/glog/src/utilities.cc:334:
/home/dan/blender-svn/blender/extern/libmv/third_party/glog/src/stacktrace_x86_64-inl.h:36:10:
fatal error:
      'unwind.h' file not found
#include <unwind.h> // ABI defined unwinder

which is progress I suppose...

Dan