[Bf-committers] MinGW libs in windows x32 svn

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Mon Dec 19 17:03:59 CET 2011

Hi,
this is correct. The issue is that sometimes msvc/mingw also share the
header files, which could cause problems if we have very new msvc libs
but old mingw libs.
My main wish is that the different teams (msvc/mingw/msvc2010) can
update their libs separately without worrying about breaking the others
or extra work.

Thomas

Am 19.12.2011 17:00, schrieb Antony Riakiotakis:
> Hi Thomas, I can't really see what is the problem, since MinGW
> libraries usually use the lib<name>.a naming so there are no name
> clashes between msvc/mingw. Now, there was also a discussion about
> making a separate directory for each of msvc08 msvc10 mingw so that
> builders can download only the one needed. This rationale is
> acceptable imo but it should be made to work(Any svn wizards to point
> at how this can be done?)

Thomas Dinges
Blender Developer, Artist and Musician

www.dingto.org